The APSI will be held July 6 to 10, 2020. Registration is open. Contact Wendy Barnes at or 574-631-4878 with questions
- Location: Online
- Date: Monday, July 6 through Friday, July 10, 2020
- Schedule: 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., with a one hour lunch period. This provides 30 contact hours, as required by The College Board.
A combination of synchronous and asynchronous sessions will be conducted during the morning and afternoon sessions, using best practice strategies. This will not be a “sit and get” AP Summer Institute, and instead take advantage of features in Zoom and Google Classroom to engage participants and enhance learning.
- Registration Fee: $550
- Payment may be made by credit card, check, or purchase order.
- Seats are limited and will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
Sessions offered (unless otherwise stated all sessions are combined):
- Macroeconomics and Microeconomics, Presenter: Julie Meek, TX
- Government and Politics - U.S., Presenter: Alicia Ross, PA
- Psychology, Presenter: Sean Mahoney, IL
- U.S. History, Presenter: Kyle VanderWall, MI
- World History, Presenter: Christina Cone, NY
- Calculus AB - Experienced Teachers, Presenter: Karen Sleno, MI
- Calculus AB - New Teachers, Presenter: Anthony Record, IN
- Calculus BC, Presenter: Michael Campbell, IL
- Computer Science A, Presenter: Marvin "Mel" Hoffert, OH
- Computer Science Principles, Presenter: Frank Hulsman, KY
- Statistics, Presenter: Paul Myers, GA
- Biology - Experienced Teachers, Presenter: Ruth Gleicher, IL
- Biology - New Teachers, Presenter: Travis Multhaupt, MI
- Chemistry - Experienced Teachers, Presenter: Paul Groves, CA
- Chemistry - New Teachers, Presenter: Jennifer Cook Gregory, IA
- Environmental Science, Presenter: Chris Groenhout, MI
- Physics 1, Presenter: Jim Vander Weide, MI
- English Language and Composition - Experienced Teachers, Presenter: Kevin McDonald, OK
- English Language and Composition - NewTeachers, Presenter: Jeffrey Blair, CO
- English Literature and Composition - Experienced Teachers, Presenter: Nichole Wilson, OH
- English Literature and Composition - NewTeachers, Presenter: Joyce Herr, TX
The consultants for the AP Summer Institute are all College Board certified and AP Exam Readers.
AP-TIP IN Cohort 7 and Cohort 8 ONLY Teacher Information:
- The AP-TIP IN grant fully covers your cost of attending this AP Summer Institute professional development for Cohort 7 and Cohort 8 Teachers. On the registration landing page, indicate “Yes” when asked “Are you eligible for free/reduced tuition?”.
All other teachers indicate “No” when asked “Are you eligible for free/reduced tuition?”. Affiliate teachers and teachers with College Board Scholarships will indicate this information at the Payment Screen.
Remittance Information for Payment (checks) and Purchase Orders:
University of Notre Dame
107 Carole Sandner Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556
Fax: (574) 631-2131
Registration will close on June 12, 2020.
*College Board, AP, Advanced Placement, Advanced Placement Program, AP Vertical Teams, Pre-AP and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.