Exploring the CreateTask
Join us online for a deep dive into the Create Task of the AP Computer Science Principles course. Incorporating both pedagogical and scoring insights, the January (we moved the date) AP Computer Science Principles (CSP) Conference will provide you with tools to help your students grow in your class and improve their performance on the CSP assessment.
Highlights of the conference include:
- Demonstration and sharing of successful teaching activities and materials from experienced teachers, including strategies for scaffolding, topic selection, and effective writing.
- Work with current teachers with demonstrated track records of success in CSP.
- Practice scoring sample tasks with Reader for the CS Principles course.
- Develop greater insight into the scorers’ expectations for the Explore Task and how you can use that understanding to help your students.
- Get a sneak peek at what’s coming next in CSP and how you can start preparing for the upcoming changes (including how what you use for the Explore Task can be used for the new format).
Presenters: Marvin "Mel" Hoffert
The conference is on Wednesday, January 26, 2022, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch. Registration is open and will close on Monday, January 24, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
If you have a question or want additional information, please reach out to Program Coordinator Wendy Barnes at or Math Content Director, Greg Macklem at or Computer Science Specialist, Joe Kintzel at .
URL for registration: https://nd.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6rHhcqlFwOdJBVc