Exploring the Explore Task
Join us in Indianapolis for a deep dive into the Explore Task of the AP Computer Science Principles course. Incorporating both pedagogical and scoring insights, the November AP Computer Science Principles (CSP) Conference will provide you with tools to help your students grow in your class and improve their performance on the CSP assessment.
Highlights of the conference include:
- Demonstration and sharing of successful teaching activities and materials from experienced teachers, including strategies for scaffolding, topic selection, and effective writing.
- Work with current teachers with demonstrated track records of success in CSP.
- Practice scoring sample tasks with the Chief Reader for the CS Principles course.
- Develop greater insight into the scorers’ expectations for the Explore Task and how you can use that understanding to help your students.
- Get a sneak peek at what’s coming next in CSP and how you can start preparing for the upcoming changes (including how what you use for the Explore Task can be used for the new format).
- Paul Tymann, AP Computer Science Principles Chief Reader
- Mark Blachly, 2019 AP-TIP IN Teacher of the Year Finalist
- Marilyn Brunk, 2017 AP-TIP IN Teacher of the Year
- Suzy Lebo, 2019 AP-TIP IN Teacher of the Year Finalist
The conference is on Friday, November 15, from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at Hine Hall on the campus of IUPUI in Indianapolis. Registration is open and will close on Friday, November 8.
Payment can be made by check or purchase order. Please use the address below:University of Notre Dame
107 Carole Sandner Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556
If you have a question or want additional information, please reach out to Program Coordinator Wendy Barnes at or Math Content Director, Greg Macklem at or Computer Science Specialist, Joe Kintzel at .
URL for registration: https://nd.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3WounQPENfWVkyh